A broad range of industry-compliant SFP+ modules for 10 Gigabit Ethernet deployments in diverse networking environments
The Cisco® 10GBASE SFP+ modules (Figure 1) give you a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
Features and benefits
- Cisco SFP+ modules offer the following features and benefits.
- Industry’s smallest 10G form factor for greatest density per chassis
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into an Ethernet SFP+ port of a Cisco switch (no need to power down if installing or replacing)
- Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model for investment protection and ease of technology migration
- Digital optical monitoring capability for strong diagnostic capabilities
- Optical interoperability with 10GBASE XENPAK, 10GBASE X2, and 10GBASE XFP interfaces on the same link
- Cisco quality Identification (ID) feature enables a Cisco platform to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
- Wavelength (nm) : -
- Cable Type : Twinax cable, passive, 24AWG cable assembly
- Core Size (Microns) : -
- Modal Bandwidth (MHz*km)*** : -
- Cable Distance* : 5m
- Bail Latch Color : Gray
- Power Consumption (W) : 1
- Operating Temperature Range : COM
- 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable 5 Meter, passive
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8.5 x 13.4 x 56.5mm. Cisco SFP+ connectors typically weigh 75 grams or less.
Environmental Conditions and Power Requirements
- Operating temperature range:
- Commercial temperature range (COM): 0 to 70°C (32 to 158°F)
- Extended temperature range (EXT): -5 to 85°C (23 to 185°F)
- Industrial temperature range (IND): -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
- Storage temperature range: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
- Standard warranty: 1 year
- Extended warranty (optional): Cisco SFP+ modules can be covered in a Cisco SMARTnet® Service support contract for the Cisco switch or router chassis
- Table 6 provides the ordering information for Cisco SFP+ modules and related cables.