The HP Aruba 2530-24-PoE+ Switch (J9779A) is a switch that provides security, reliability, and ease of use for enterprises, branch offices, and SMBs. This fully managed switch delivers full Layer 2 capabilities with enhanced access security, ACLs, traffic prioritisation, sFlow, and IPv6 host support. Right size deployment is simple with choice of 8-, 24-, and 48-port models available with Gigabit or Fast Ethernet ports, and optional PoE+. The 2530 delivers power savings with fanless models, Energy Efficient Ethernet, ability to disable LEDs and enable port low power mode.
- Cost-effective, reliable and secure Aruba Layer 2 switch series.
- ACLs, EEE, traffic prioritisation.
- 8-, 24-, and 48-port Gigabit or Fast Ethernet models.
- PoE+ models for voice, video and wireless.
- Security and network management with Aruba
- ClearPass Policy Manager, AirWave and cloud- based Central
- The Aruba 2530 Switch Series is easy to use and deploy, and delivers consistent wired/wireless user experience with unified management tools such as Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central.
I/O ports and slots
- 24 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100 PoE+ ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3at PoE+); Media Type: Auto-MDIX; Duplex: half or full
- 2 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T); Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full; 1000BASE-T: full only
- 2 fixed Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports
- 1 dual-personality (RJ-45 or USB micro-B) serial console port
- 17.40 (w) x 12.70 (d) x 1.75 (h) in
- (44.2 x 32.26 x 4.45 cm) (1U height)
- Weight: 8.4 lb (3.81 kg)
Memory and processor
- Processor: ARM9E @ 800 MHz, 128 MB flash, 256 MB DDR3 DIMM; packet buffer size: 1.5 MB dynamically allocated
Mounting and enclosure
- Mounts in an EIA-standard 19-inch telco rack or equipment cabinet (rack-mounting kit available); Horizontal surface mounting; Wall mounting
- IPv6 Ready Certified
- 100 Mb Latency: < 1.7 ?s (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 1.1 ?s (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- Throughput: up to 9.5 Mpps (64-byte packets)
- Switching capacity: 12.8 Gbps
- MAC address table size: 16000 entries
- Operating temperature:32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Operating relative humidity:15% to 95% @ 104°F (40°C), noncondensing
- Nonoperating/Storage temperature: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
- Nonoperating/Storage relative humidity: 15% to 90% @ 149°F (65°C), noncondensing
- Altitude: up to 10,000 ft (3 km)
- Acoustic: Power: 40.4 dB, Pressure: 31.7 dB
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Maximum heat dissipation:99 BTU/hr (104.45 kJ/hr), (switch only: 99 BTU/hr; combined switch + max. PoE devices: 809 BTU/hr)
- AC voltage: 100 - 127/200 - 240 VAC
- Current: 2.8/1.4 A
- Maximum power rating: 237 W
- Idle power: 21.8 W
- PoE power: 195 W
- Notes: Idle power is the actual power consumption of the device with no ports connected. Maximum power rating and maximum heat dissipation are the worst-case theoretical maximum numbers provided for planning the infrastructure with fully loaded PoE (if equipped), 100% traffic, all ports plugged in, and all modules populated. PoE power is the total power budget available to all PoE ports.
- UL 60950-1; CAN/CSA 22.2
- No. 60950-1; EN 60825;
- IEC 60950-1; EN 60950-1
- FCC Class A; EN 55022/CISPR-22 Class A; VCCI Class A
- Generic: EN 55024, CISPR 24
- EN: EN 55024, CISPR 24
- ESD: IEC 61000-4-2
- Radiated: IEC 61000-4-3
- EFT/Burst: IEC 61000-4-4
- Surge: IEC 61000-4-5
- Conducted: IEC 61000-4-6
- Power frequency magnetic field: IEC 61000-4-8
- Voltage dips and interruptions: IEC 61000-4-11
- Harmonics: EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2
- Flicker: EN 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-3-3
- Aruba Central and Aruba AirWave Network Management;
- IMC—Intelligent Management Center; command-line interface;
- Web browser; configuration menu;
- Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or Micro USB); IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB;3
- Repeater MIB;
- Ethernet Interface MIB AirWave Network Management
- IEEE 802.3az applies to Gigabit models only; IEEE 802.3at and IEEE 802.3af apply to PoE+ models only. When using SFPs with this product, SFPs with revision “B” or later (product number ends with the letter “B” or later, e.g., J4858B, J4859C) are required.
- Refer to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise website at www.hpe.com/networking/services for details on the service-level descriptions and product numbers. For details about services and response times in your area, please contact your local Hewlett Packard Enterprise sales office.