Aruba Instant On 1830 Switch Series provides an easy to use and affordable wired solution for networks supporting IT, mobile, and cloud applications.
This affordable and easy-to-deploy smart-managed switch series is ideal for small businesses?looking for cost-effective wired infrastructure to keep up?with evolving network demands.?These entry-level, smart-managed switches?offer?Layer 2 switching capabilities,?Gigabit connectivity, along with flexible management modes - all at an affordable price point. With a flexible management dashboard, Power over Ethernet (PoE) options, and energy-efficient features, these switches deliver a solid business network for SMBs with limited budgets.
- Smart-managed Layer 2 Ethernet switch series ready to deploy in 8, 24-, and 48-port for non-PoE and PoE models.
- Compact and fan-less 8-port PoE/ non-PoE models and 24-port non-PoE model for acoustically sensitive environments.
- Aruba Instant On mobile app and/or cloud-based web portal for easy network management onsite or remotely.
- Two (2) and four (4) dedicated 1G SFP fiber ports on 24- and 48-port models respectively to eliminate traffic bottlenecks across your network.
- Option to manage your switches through local web GUI.
- Cost-effective PoE Support: With half of the ports capable of supporting PoE, these switches are ideal for the most cost-efficient environments.
Gigabit Connectivity for Small Businesses
Aruba Instant On 1830 Switch Series is a smart-managed Layer 2 Ethernet switch series ready to deploy in six models comprising of 8-, 24-, 48-port for non-PoE and Classs 4 PoE models.
Two (2) and four (4) dedicated 1G SFP fiber ports on 24- and 48-port models respectively to eliminate traffic bottlenecks across your network.
With PoE models, you get up to 30W PoE power delivery is available for Class 4 PoE devices like access points, surveillance cameras and VoIP phones. The 8-port, 24-port and 48-port PoE models come with the power budget of 65W, 195W, and 370W respectively to support latest IoT devices.
8-port non-PoE switch can be powered by an upstream Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch for environments where no line power is available.
Simplify Network Deployment and Management
The Aruba Instant On 1830 Switch Series features easy-to-use, out-of-the-box, plug-and-play deployment.
The switches can be deployed using two management modes - Instant On cloud-management (access via mobile app and/or web portal) and the local web GUI.
Class 4 PoE options allow power to devices like IP phones, surveillance cameras, and access points without the cost of additional cabling.
Keep Your Business Protected with Integrated Security Features
The Aruba Instant On 1830 Switch Series is enhanced with security features such as VLANs, automatic Denial-of-service protection, Global Storm Control, and TPM (Trusted Platform module) based security to guard your network from unwanted or unauthorized access.
Global Storm Control Protects against conditions where incoming packets flood the LAN, causing network performance degradation for unicast traffic with an unknown destination, and for broadcast and multicast traffic.
Includes a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for protected hardware-based generation and storage of cryptographic keys used for connection to the Aruba Instant On cloud portal.
Better Energy Efficient Features for Reducing Environmental Footprint
The Aruba Instant On 1830 Switch Series has Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), and is compliant with 802.3az standard requirements to save energy during periods of low data activity.
Energy-efficient cooling includes variable speed fans operating only at the speed necessary to maintain operating temperature to reduce excess noise and power consumption.
Features compact and fan-less 8-port and 24-port non-PoE models for acoustically-sensitive environments.
PoE Scheduling allows users to configure a specific day/time of the week (e.g. business hours) for Instant On switches to supply power to connected devices (e.g. surveillance cameras, access points, etc.).
- SKU : JL812A
- Differentiator : Entry-level, smart-managed, Gigabit Layer 2 switches. Easy-to-deploy, secure and affordable switches, designed for small businesses looking for cost-effective solution with evolving networking demands. Using the Instant On mobile app or the cloud-based web portal, quickly setup, monitor and manage the 1830 switches. Can also manage the device through the local web GUI. This model has 24 10/100/1000 RJ-45 and 2 SFP 1GbE ports.
- Power consumption : Maximum: 100-127V: 19.1W 200-220V: 19W: Idle: 100-127V: 7.6W 200-220V: 7.8W
- Input voltage : 100 - 240 VAC
- Ports : 24 RJ-45 10/100/1000 ports, 2 SFP 1GbE ports
- Switching capacity : 52 Gbps
- Throughput : 38.68 Mpps
- Memory and processor : ARM Cortex-A9 @ 800MHz, 512 MB SDRAM, 256 MB flash; packet buffer: 1.5 MB
- PoE capability : -
- Operating Temperature : 0-40°C, 0-10,000 ft
- Management features : Aruba Instant On Cloud; Web browser; SNMP Manager
- Warranty : Limited Lifetime Warranty with 24x7 phone support for 90 days and chat support for the entire warranty duration.
- Weight : 5.50 lb (2.49 kg)
- Minimum dimensions ( H x W x D) : 8.50 x 17.44 x 1.73 in (21.59 x 44.30 x 4.39 cm)