- Short-throw ratio
- BlueCore laser technology for superb image quality
- IP5X dustproof mechanism reducing maintenance costs
Creating Lasting Lessons with Striking Picture Quality
BenQ BlueCore™ Laser Technology Laser Technology for Pure Color
Powerful BlueCore laser projectors employ dual color wheel systems to unleash outstanding color performance by increasing color ratios and purity of RGBY color, greatly enhancing color saturation and brilliancy at the same lumen output of lamp-based projectors to deliver superior viewing experiences.
Precision-Aligned High-Output Laser Source
Zero-deviation alignment of BlueCore laser diodes boost luminous flux into the light tunnel, improving light efficacy to 3,600 lumens.
Secondary Yellow-Infused Color Wheel
Dual synchronized BlueCore color wheels utilize an additive yellow segment, stimulating precise RGBY spectra for optimal chromatic performance.
Hermetically Sealed DLP Chip
Comprising over two million micromirrors that reflect pure light through the color wheel, the DLP chip is hermetically sealed to resist heat for over 100,000 hours without degradation.
Superior Dustproofing Design to Prolong Projector Lifespan
BenQ LW820ST is designed with Dust Guard™ technology including sealed laser modules to protect the laser bank. This lock-and-key design hermetically seals the laser engine from dust to prolong projector lifespan.The design has passed the dust chamber test standard for the international dustproof rating of IP5X.
Sealed Engine for Laser Light Source
With a fully enclosed laser light source and an innovative sealed engine design powered by BenQ Dust Guard™ technology, BlueCore education projectors guarantee 20,000 hours of maintenance-free operation to prevent extra expenses on lamp replacement and maintenance. The laser light source resists brightness decay, making BenQ laser education projectors highly stable while ensuring high brightness performance through years of usage.
Anti-Dust Accumulation Sensor Resists Dust Buildup
Incorporating color wheel sensors with an ingenious anti-dust accumulation feature, LW820ST prolongs optimal performance by rejecting dust which can accumulate on traditional sensors to block the IR signal and cause flickering, abnormal colors, or even shutdown.
Brilliant Display of Lecture Content
LW820ST’s powerful BlueCore™ laser projection utilizes a dual color wheel system to produce outstanding color performance by increasing color ratios and purity of RGBY colors, greatly enhancing color saturation and brilliancy at the same lumen output of lamp-based projectors to deliver superior viewing experiences.
Long Lasting High Brightness
LW820ST produces 3,600 ANSI lumens and superior brightness efficiency, at the same level as IFPs for clear, sharp images and text even in large, bright classrooms with lights kept on during lessons. LW820ST’s Custom Brightness function also allows manual light output adjustments in 1% increments to precisely control projection brightness to fit ambient lighting and conserve energy, as well as providing perfect edge blending for multiple projector applications.
Laser-Enabled Ultra-High Contrast
LW820ST laser projectors create strikingly clear images with stratospherically high native contrast ratio of 100,000:1 for true deep blacks, vividly rich colors, and fine subtle details. LW820ST also features spontaneous response, requiring no wait to turn on or resume from blanking in true black for flexible performance capability.
BenQ BlueCore™ education projectors can be turned on and off instantly to significantly reduce setup time compared to other lamp-based projectors.
20,000 Hour Long-Lasting Performance
With a fully sealed laser light source and an innovative sealed laser engine design, BenQ BlueCore™ laser education projectors deliver 20,000 hours of maintenance-free operation, preventing extra expenses on lamp replacement and maintenance. The laser light source resists color and brightness decay over time, offering significantly more reliable performance after a period of operation.
Expanding Classroom Possibilities
Unobstructed Instruction Without Space Constraints
Offering a big screen in short distances with a 0.49 short-throw ratio, LW820ST eliminates distracting shadows and glare for students and teachers to engage and collaborate freely in front of the board.
BenQ education projectors offer a range of resolutions and projected image sizes to meet diverse classroom needs. Featuring crisp image quality up to 100 inches, BlueCore short throw education projectors deliver increased classroom versatility at reduced costs.
Create Interaction on Any Surface
PointWrite™ technology works on any flat surface, so no expensive digital whiteboard or additional equipment is necessary. With the PointWrite™ module, images can be projected onto a wall for multiple students to easily share and write on the same screen, creating vast new opportunities for classroom interactivity and enabling possibilities for modern digital classrooms.
PW02 and PT12 Compatible
Multi-Touch with Pens and Multi-Screen Drawing
PointWrite™ projectors offer multi-user capability, and two PointWrite™ projectors can be used to double the projection surface. With QWrite* Whiteboard Mode, teachers can run different applications or display, view, and annotate across two monitors.
* BenQ exclusive annotation software QWrite™ is compatible with BenQ PointWrite™ module.
Windows Gesture Support
PointWrite™ projectors support intuitive Windows gestures such as zooming in and out or scrolling while browsing webpages, pictures, or Google Maps. All multi-touch commands and gestures are supported for Windows 7 or above and future applications.
Advanced Interactive Module Compatible
For engaging and intuitive lessons, teachers and students can bring their own smart devices and computers to stream documents, images, and even Full HD videos to LW820ST projectors, facilitating the free exchange of ideas and collaborative teamwork.
*LX820ST/ LW820ST are compatible with QCast and QCast Mirror dongles as optional accessories.
Facilitating Smart, Efficient Projector Maintenance
Control System Compatibility
LW820ST is widely compatible with leading projector control systems including Crestron, AMX, PJ Link, and Extron* IP Link for network control via LAN, making it simple to integrate into educational network infrastructures. LW820ST also supports RS-232 for reliable long-distance Installation up to 15 meters when there is no LAN infrastructure.
*Developed by Extron, IP Link driver allows device monitoring, control, and support over LAN when MediaLink controller, IP Link Ethernet control interface, or other IP Link-enabled device is installed. For more information, please visit www.extron.com/driverdownloads
Centralized Control with BenQ MDA Software
BenQ Multiple Display Administrator (MDA) software enables powerful centralized monitoring, control, and power scheduling across the school’s projector network from a single computer, offering full access and control over every projector directly.
Centralized Upgrade Application for Multiple Projector Maintenance
Administrators can centrally upgrade firmware on multiple BenQ projectors that are on the same local network via LAN (up to 253 projectors,) deploying the latest updates to all devices at once. This new application can upgrade firmware with a friendlier interface.
*For more information about the tool, please contact BenQ service.
Simplified Image Alignment and Perfect Installation
Digital Shrink without Distortion
Digital Shrink is used for fine tuning the screen size via OSD menu when the image is not precisely aligned on the desired frame.
Remote Control Hotkey
The remote control’s Quick Install hotkey sets up the projector with significant time savings for managers performing initial projector installation work.
Enduring Picture Perfection from the World’s No.1 DLP Brand BenQ
With industry-leading high contrast, BenQ education projectors utilize advanced DLP-optimized optical lens systems to provide precise readability and crisp resolution for every single sub-pixel.
Long-Lasting Picture Quality
With industrial-grade durability from DLP technology, BenQ education projectors maintain long-lasting picture perfection by eliminating color decay. Unlike non-DLP projectors, BenQ DLP education projectors look brand-new after lamp replacement. And with over two million micromirrors and minimal heat buildup, the DLP chip endures over 100,000 hours without degradation.
- Throw Ratio : 0.52
- Zoom Ratio : Fixed
- Lens Control : Manual Focus
- Keystone Correction : 2D keystone, Vertical ± 30 degrees
- Projection Size : 60”~120”
- Projection Offset : 106.1 +/- 2.5%
- Lens shift : N/A
- Projection System : DLP Single 0.65" WXGA
- Resolution : 1280 x 800 pixels, 16:10
- Brightness : 3,600 Lumens
- Display Color : 1.07 Billion Colors
- Aspect Ratio : Native 16:10 (5 aspect ratio selectable)
- Light Source : Laser
- Light Source Life* : min 20000Hrs
- Contrast Ratio : 3,000,000:1
- DMD Type : DC3 DMD Chip
- Built-in Speaker : 10Wx1
- Security : Kensington Lock
- Feature : Blank for True Black, Digital zoom(2x), Digital Shrink(0.75x), LAN Control, AMX/ PJ Link/Crestron/Extron IPL Compatible. MDA Compatibility Optional Wireless Display, Optional Interactive module (PW02, PT12) compatibility. Optional Dust Filter
- I/O Port :
- HDMI-1 X1
- HDMI-2/MHL X1
- PC (D-sub 15pin) X2
- Monitor out (D-sub 15pin,Female) X1
- Composite Video in (RCA) X1
- S-Video in X1
- Audio in(mini jack) X1
- Audio L/R in (RCA) X1
- Microphone in (Mini jack) X1
- Audio out (mini jack) X1
- LAN Port(RJ45 for Network ) X1
- RS232 In (D-sub 9pin, male) X1
- USB TypeA (5V,1.5A) X1
- USB Type mini B (For service) X1
- IR Receiver(Front/Top) X2
- Resolution Support : VGA(640 x 480) to WUXGA_RB(1920 x 1200)
- Horizontal Frequency : 15KHz ~102KHz
- Vertical Scan Rate : 23 - 120Hz
- HDTV Compatibility : 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Video Compatibility : NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Power Consumption (Max/Normal/Eco) : Max 320W. Normal 283W. Eco 234W.
- Standby Power Consumption : Normal < 0.5Watts. Network < 2W.
Dimension and Weight
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD) : 410 x 158 x 272 mm
- Product Weight : 5.6kg
- Operating Temperature : 0o ~ 40oC
- Noise Level (Normal/Eco) : 33/29 dBA (without dust filter)
- Accessories (Standard) :
- Power Cord 3m (by region)
- Remote Control for WW RCE015 (5J.JJF06.001)
- Remote Control for J sku RCE013J (5J.JGS06.001)
- AAA Batteryx2
- VGA cable 1.8m
- Warranty Card (by region)
- QSG (4J.JJJ01.001)
- User Manual CD (5B.JJJ01.001)
- Accessories (Optional) :
- Wall mount WM06G3 (5J.J4R10.011)
- 3D Glasses (5J.J9H25.002)
- Wireless Dongle: QCast Mirror (5A.JH328.10X)
- Wireless Dongle: QCast (5J.JCK28.X01)
- Dust Filter (5J.JJF14.001)
- On Screen Display Language : Arabic/Bulgarian/ Croatian/ Czech/ Danish/ Dutch/ English/ Finnish/ French/ German/ Greek/ Hindi/ Hungarian/ Italian/ Indonesian/ Japanese/ Korean/ Norwegian/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Romanian/ Russian/ Simplified Chinese/Spanish/ Swedish/ Turkish/ Thai/ Traditional Chinese (28 Languages)
- Power Supply : 100 ~ 240V AC