Extend intent-based networking everywhere
Cisco® Catalyst® 9200 Series switches extend the power of intent-based networking and Catalyst 9000 hardware and software innovation to a broader set of deployments. With its family pedigree, Catalyst 9200 Series switches offer simplicity without compromise – it is secure, always on, and IT simplified.
As foundational building blocks for the Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Catalyst 9200 Series switches help customers simplify complexity, optimize IT, and reduce operational costs by leveraging intelligence, automation and human expertise that no other vendor can deliver regardless of where you are in the intent-based networking journey.
Catalyst 9200 Series switches provide security features that protect the integrity of the hardware as well as the software and all data that flows through the switch. It provides resiliency that keeps your business up and running seamlessly. Combine that with open APIs of Cisco IOS XE and programmability of the UADP ASIC technology, Catalyst 9200 Series switches give you what you need now with investment protection on future innovations.
With full PoE+ capability, power and fan redundancy, stacking bandwidth up to 160 Gbps, modular uplinks, Layer 3 feature support, and cold patching, Catalyst 9200 Series switches are the industry’s unparalleled solution with differentiated resiliency and progressive architecture for cost-effective branch-office access.
- Up to 48 ports of full Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capability
- Resiliency with Field-Replaceable Units (FRU) and redundant power supply, fans, and modular uplinks
- Flexible downlink options with data, PoE+ or mGig
- Operational efficiency with optional backplane stacking, supporting stacking bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
- UADP 2.0 Mini with integrated CPU offers customers optimized scale with better cost structure
- Enhanced security with AES-128 MACsec encryption, policy-based segmentation, and trustworthy systems
- Layer 3 capabilities, including OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, RIP, and routed access
- Advanced network monitoring using Full Flexible NetFlow
- Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access):
- Simplified operations and deployment with policy-based automation from edge to cloud managed with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Network assurance and improved resolution time through Cisco DNA Center
- Plug and Play (PnP) enabled: A simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new branch or campus device rollouts or updates to an existing network
- Cisco IOS XE: A Common Licensing based operating system for the enterprise Cisco Catalyst 9000 product family with support for model-driven programmability and streaming telemetry
- ASIC with programmable pipeline and micro-engine capabilities, along with template-based, configurable allocation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Quality of Service (QoS) entries
- FRU Power Supply : Yes
- FRU Fans : Yes
- Modular Uplinks : Yes
- Stacking Bandwidth Support : 160 Gbps
- SD-Access Support : Yes (4 Virtual Networks)
- Downlinks total 10/100/1000 or PoE+ copper ports : 48 ports data
- Uplink configuration : Modular uplink options
- Default primary AC power supply : PWR-C6-125WAC
- Fans : FRU redundant
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches come with modular or fixed uplinks as indicated in Table 1. With modular SKUs, the field-replaceable network modules provide infrastructure investment protection by allowing a nondisruptive migration from 1G to 10G and beyond. When you purchase the switch, you can choose from the network modules
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches support dual field-replaceable power supplies (Figure 3). Each switch ships with one default power supply, and a second identical power supply can be purchased with the initial order or can be added at a later time. The second power supply can provide redundancy or additional power to PoE+ ports as needed.
IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (up to 30W per port) is supported on Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches to lower the total cost of ownership for deployments that incorporate Cisco IP phones, Cisco Aironet® wireless access points, or other standards-compliant PoE+ end devices. PoE+ removes the need to supply wall power to PoE-enabled devices and eliminates the cost of adding electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments. With Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches, PoE+ power allocation is dynamic, and power mapping scales up to a maximum of 1440W of PoE+ power.
Perpetual PoE is supported on Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches, and maintains the PoE+ power during a switch reload. This is important for critical endpoints such as medical devices and for Internet of Things (IoT) endpoints such as PoE-powered lights, so that there is no disruption during a switch reboot.
Fast PoE: When power is restored to a switch, Fast PoE starts delivering power to endpoints without waiting for the operating system to fully load, thereby speeding up the time for the endpoint to start up.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switch models are designed for stacking switches as a single virtual switch, enabling customers to have a single management plane and control plane for up to 384 access ports.
- Stacking support : StackWise®-160
- Stacking bandwidth support : 160 Gbps
- Stacking hardware : C9200-STACK-KIT
- Number of members : 8
- Supported stack members : Other C9200 models with same license level
Mixed stacking is not supported. You cannot stack fixed (C9200L SKUs) with modular (C9200 SKUs) models, or other Catalyst switches, e.g. Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Series.
The optional StackWise-160 and StackWise-80 kits consist of two adapters and a stacking cable. The default stacking cable is 0.5 m, but options of 1 m and 3 m are also available. Table 5 lists the stacking accessories.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches also come with dual fans and support redundancy. Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches support redundancy with dual fans. On the C9200 SKUs, the fan units are field-replaceable, whereas on the fixed C9200L SKUs, the fan units are fixed. Table 5 lists the fan module part number.
- Stacking bandwidth : 160 Gbps
- Total number of MAC addresses : 32,000
- Total number of IPv4 routes (ARP plus learned routes) : 14,000 (10,000 direct routes and 4,000 indirect routes)
- IPv4 routing entries : 4,000
- IPv6 routing entries : 2,000
- Multicast routing scale : 1,000
- QoS scale entries : 1,000
- ACL scale entries : 1,600
- Packet buffer per SKU : 6 MB buffers for 24- or 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models , 12MB buffers for 24 or 48 port multigigabit models
- Flexible NetFlow (FNF) entries : 16,000 flows on 24- and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models
- DRAM : 4 GB
- Flash : 4 GB
- VLAN IDs : 4094
- PVST Instances : 128
- STP Virtual Ports (Port * VLANs) for PVST : 13,000
- STP Virtual Ports (Port * VALNs) for MST : 13,000
- Total Switched Virtual Interfaces (SVIs) : 1000
- Jumbo frames : 9198 bytes
- Wireless bandwidth per switch : Up to 48 Gbps on 24-port and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet model
- IP SGT binding scale : 8K
- Number of IPv4 bindings : 8K
- Number of SGT/DGT policies : 2K
- Number of SXP Sessions : 200
- Switching capacity : 176 Gbps
- Switch capacity with Stacking : 336 Gbps
- Forwarding rate : 130.95 Mpps
- Forwarding rate with Stacking : 250 Mpps
- Inches : 1.73 x 17.5 x 13.8
- Centimeters : 4.4 x 44.5 x 35.0
Chassis + FEP + Fan Dimensions (HxWxD)
- Inches : 1.73 x 17.5 x 15.4
- Centimeters : 4.4 x 44.5 x 39.1
- Pounds : 11.02
- Kilograms : 5.0
Mean time between failures (hours) : 571,440
- Acoustic noise
- Measured per ISO 7779 and declared per ISO 9296
- Bystander positions operating to an ambient temperature of 25°C
- With AC power supply (with 24 PoE+ ports loaded):
- LpA: 42dB typical, 45 dB max
- LwA: 5.3B typical, 5.6B max
- Typical: Noise emission for a typical configuration
- Maximum: Statistical maximum to account for variation in production
Safety and compliance information
- Safety certifications
- IEC 60950-1
- UL 60950-1
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1
- EN 60950-1
- AS/NZS 60950.1
- Class I Equipment
- Electromagnetic emissions certifications
- 47 CFR Part 15
- CISPR 22 Class A
- CISPR 32 Class A
- CNS 13438
- EN 300 386 *
- EN 55022 Class A
- EN 55032 Class A
- ICES-003 Class A
- KN 32
- TCVN 7189 Class A
- V-3 Class A
- CISPR 24
- EN 300 386 *
- EN 55024
- KN 35
- TCVN 7317
- Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) 5
Cisco enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches come with a Cisco Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) that includes Next-Business-Day (NBD) delivery of replacement hardware where available and 90 days of 8x5 Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support.
Your formal warranty statement, including the warranty applicable to Cisco software, appears in the information packet that accompanies your Cisco product. We encourage you to review the warranty statement shipped with your specific product carefully before use.
Cisco reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.
For further information about warranty terms, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/warranty. Table 18 provides information about the E-LLW.