Built for security, IoT, mobility, and cloud
The Cisco® Catalyst® 9300 Series switches are Cisco’s lead stackable enterprise switching platform built for security, IoT, mobility, and cloud. They are the next generation of the industry’s most widely deployed switching platform. Catalyst 9300 Series switches form the foundational building block for Software-Defined Access (SD-Access), Cisco’s lead enterprise architecture. At up to 1TB, they are the industry’s highest-density stacking bandwidth solution with the most flexible uplink architecture. The Catalyst 9300 Series is the first optimized platform for high-density Wi-Fi 6 and 802.11ac Wave2. It sets new maximums for network scale. These switches are also ready for the future, with an x86 CPU architecture and more memory, enabling them to host containers and run third-party applications and scripts natively within the switch.
The Catalyst 9300 Series is designed for Cisco StackWise® technology, providing flexible deployment with support for nonstop forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO), for the most resilient architecture in a stackable (sub-50-ms) solution. The highly resilient and efficient power architecture features Cisco StackPower®, which delivers high-density Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), 60W Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE) and 90W Cisco UPOE®+ ports. The switches are based on the Cisco Unified Access™ Data Plane 2.0 (UADP) architecture which not only protects your investment but also allows a larger scale and higher throughput. Catalyst 9300X models are based on a new ASIC, UADP 2.5sec, which adds Crypto support in hardware, including IPSEC. A modern operating system, Cisco IOS® XE with programmability offers advanced security capabilities and Internet of Things (IoT) convergence.
The Foundation of Software-Defined access
Advanced persistent security threats. The exponential growth of Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Mobility everywhere. Cloud adoption. All of these require a network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks. The goal of this network fabric is to enable customer revenue growth by accelerating the rollout of business services.
The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) with Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) is the network fabric that powers business. It is an open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms your business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities. These include:
- Simplified device deployment
- Unified management of wired and wireless networks
- Network virtualization and segmentation
- Group-based policies
- Context-based analytics
Cisco DNA software
Cisco DNA Software offers a valuable and flexible way to buy software for the access, WAN, and data center domains. At each stage in the product lifecycle, Cisco DNA Software helps make buying, managing, and upgrading your network and infrastructure software easier. Cisco DNA Software provides:
- Flexible licensing models to smoothly distribute customers’ software spending over time
- Investment protection for software purchases through software services–enabled license portability
- Access to updates, upgrades, and new technology from Cisco through Cisco®Software Support Services (SWSS)
- Lower cost of entry with the new Cisco DNA Subscription for Switching model
- Access to end-to-end service assurance through Cisco ThousandEyes* Network and Application Synthetics (included with Cisco DNA Advantage and Premier licenses)
Cisco DNA lets you manage your entire switching structure as a single, converged component. With one management system and one policy for wired and wireless networks, it offers an efficient way to provide more secure access.
* Each Catalyst 9300 or 9400 Cisco DNA Advantage or Premier subscription entitles the customer to run the equivalent of one ThousandEyes network or web test every 5 mins from a ThousandEyes enterprise agent (22 units per month), up to a maximum of 110,000 units per month of ThousandEyes test capacity per customer. ThousandEyes Cloud Agent access is not included in the Cisco DNA license entitlement. Test capacity can be increased and Cloud Agents accessed with purchase of additional ThousandEyes Network and Application Synthetics.
Product overview: Features
- Highest wireless scale for Wi-Fi 6 and 802.11ac Wave 2 access points supported on a single switch with select models
- C9300 and C9300L models are based on the Cisco UADP 2.0 Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) with programmable pipeline and microengine capabilities, along with template-based, configurable allocation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Quality of Service (QoS) entries
- C9300X models are based on UADP 2.5sec ASIC which adds line rate support for Crypto, including 100G IPSec
- x86 CPU complex with 8-GB memory, and 16 GB of flash and external USB 3.0 SSD pluggable storage slot (delivering up to 240GB of storage with an option SSD drive) to host containers. C9300X models support 16GB of memory
- USB 2.0 slot to load system images and set configurations
- Up to 1 TBps of local stackable switching bandwidth
- Deeper buffer and higher scale model options for rich multi-media content delivery applications
- Flexible and dense uplink offerings with 1G, Multigigabit, 10G, 25G, 40G and 100G in the form of fixed or modular uplinks
- Easy transition from 10G to 25G with dual-rate optics
- Flexible downlink options with 1G Copper and Fiber as well as the densest Multigigabit links
- With a mix of Copper (1G up to 10G) and Fiber (1G up to 25G) supported in a single stack, multiple flexible deployment scenarios are enabled, including 2-Tier, 3-Tier and Hybrid architectures
- Leading PoE capabilities with up to 384 ports of PoE per stack, PoE+, and high density IEEE 802.3bt - 60W UPOE, and 90W Cisco UPOE®+
- Intelligent Power Management with Cisco StackPower technology, providing power stacking among members for power redundancy. Stackpower pools the power supplies across the stack to be used redundancy and supplemental power purposes
- Line-rate, hardware-based Flexible NetFlow (FNF), delivering flow collection of up to 128,000 flows with select models
- IPv6 support in hardware, providing wire-rate forwarding for IPv6 networks
- Dual-stack support for IPv4/IPv6 and dynamic hardware forwarding table allocations, for ease of IPv4-to-IPv6 migration
- Support for both static and dynamic NAT and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- IEEE 802.1ba AV Bridging (AVB) built in to provide a better audio and video experience through improved time synchronization and QoS
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP; IEEE 1588v2) provides accurate clock synchronization with sub-microsecond accuracy making it suitable for distribution and synchronization of time and frequency over network
- Cisco IOS XE, a modern operating system for the enterprise with support for model-driven programmability including NETCONF, RESTCONF, YANG, on-box Python scripting, streaming telemetry, container-based application hosting, and patching for critical bug fixes. The OS also has built-in defenses to protect against runtime attacks
- End-to-end visualization of the path from campus/branch to clouds/DC with Cisco ThousandEyes Network and Application Synthetics (included with Cisco DNA Advantage and Premier licenses)
- SD-Access: Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series switches form the foundational building block for SD-Access, Cisco’s lead enterprise architecture:
- Policy-based automation from edge to cloud
- Simplified segmentation and micro-segmentation, with predictable performance and scalability
- Automation through Cisco DNA Center
- Policy handled through the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Network assurance provided through the Cisco DNA Center
- Faster launch of new business services and significantly improved issue resolution time
- Plug and Play (PnP) enabled: A simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new branch or campus device rollouts or updates to an existing network
- Advanced security
- Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA): You benefit from the power of machine learning to identify and take actions toward threats or anomalies in your network, including malware detection in encrypted traffic (without decryption) and distributed anomaly detection
- Support for AES-256 with the powerful MACsec 256-bit encryption algorithm available on all models
- Trustworthy solutions: Hardware anchored Secure Boot and Secure Unique Device Identification (SUDI) support for Plug and Play, to verify the identity of the hardware and software
Switch models and configurations
- FRU Power Supply : Yes
- FRU Fans : Yes
- Modular Uplinks : No
- Stacking Bandwidth Support : 320 Gbps
- Cisco StackPower : No
- Catalyst 9800 Embedded WLC : Yes (50 APs)
- SD-Access Support : Yes (256 Virtual Networks)
- Total 10/100/1000, Multigigabit copper or SFP Fiber : 48 Data
- Uplink Configuration : 4x 10G fixed uplinks
- Default AC power supply : 350W
- Available PoE power : N/A
Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series switches (C9300 SKUs) support optional network modules for uplink ports (Figure 2). These field-replaceable network modules with 25G and 40G speeds in the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series enable greater architectural flexibility and infrastructure investment protection by allowing a nondisruptive migration from 10G to 25G and beyond. The default switch configuration does not include the network module. When you purchase the switch, you can choose from the network modules
Please note: Catalyst 3850 and C9300 network modules are supported on the C9300 models. C9300X network modules are only supported on the C9300X models.
For additional details, please read our FAQs: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-09-cat-9k-faq-cte-en.pdf.
Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series switches support dual redundant power supplies. The switches ship with one power supply by default, and the second power supply can be purchased when the switch is ordered or at a later time. If only one power supply is installed, it should always be in power supply bay #1. The switches also ship with three field-replaceable fans.
Power supply models
- Default power supply : PWR-C1-350WAC-P
- Available PoE power : n/a
- With 350W Secondary PS : n/a
- With 715W Secondary PS : n/a
- With 1100W Secondary PS : n/a
Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series switch models are designed for stacking switches as a single virtual switch, enabling customers to have a single management plane and control plane for up to 448 access ports.
Supported stacking options
- Stacking support : StackWise-320
- Stacking bandwidth support : 320 Gbps
- Optional Stacking hardware : C9300L-STACK-KIT
- Number of members : 8
- Supported stack members : Other C9300L SKUs with same license level
Mixed stacking between C9300X and C9300 SKUs are supported at StackWise-480 speeds.
Mixed stacking between 9300/9300X and 9300 higher/increased scale platforms is not supported. You cannot stack fixed uplink models (C9300L SKUs) with modular uplink models (C9300 SKUs) or other Catalyst switches, e.g. Cisco Catalyst 3850 and 3650 Series. Any combination of C9300 models can form a stack. Separately, any combination of C9300L models can form a stack.
Catalyst 9300 higher scale SKUs (C9300-24UB, C9300-24UXB, C9300-48UB) need to be stacked with other higher scale models.
StackWise cables that are available to configure stacking with Catalyst 9300 Series modular uplink models (C9300 SKUs) come in lengths of 0.5m, 1m and 3m.
The optional StackWise-320 kit for Catalyst 9300 Series fixed uplink models (C9300L SKUs) consists of two stack adapters and a stacking cable. The default stacking cable is 0.5 m, but options of 1m and 3m are also available. Table 5 lists the stacking accessories.
- Total number of MAC addresses : 32,000
- Total number of IPv4 routes (ARP plus learned routes) : 32,000 (24,000 direct routes and 8000 indirect routes)
- IPv6 routing entries : 16,000
- Multicast routing scale : 8,000
- QoS scale entries : 5,120
- ACL scale entries : 5,120
- Packet buffer per SKU : 16 MB buffer for 24 and 48 port Gigabit Ethernet models
- FNF entries : 64,000 flow on 24- and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models
- DRAM : 8 GB
- Flash : 16 GB
- VLAN IDs : 4094
- Total Switched Virtual Interfaces (SVIs) : 1000
- Jumbo frames : 9198 bytes
- Total routed ports per Catalyst 9300 Series stack : 416
- Switching capacity : 176 Gbps
- Switching capacity with stacking : 496 Gbps
- Forwarding rate : 130.95 Mpps
- Forwarding rate with stacking : 369.05 Mpps
Dimensions (H x W x D) inches
- Chassis only : 1.73 X 17.5 X 16.1
- W/ Default Power Supply : 1.73 X 17.5 X 17.7
- W/ 1100W Power Supply : 1.73 X 17.5 X 19.2
Dimensions (H x W x D) Cms
- Chassis only : 4.4 x 44.5 x 40.9
- W/ Default Power Supply : 4.4 x 44.5 x 44.9
- W/ 1100W Power Supply : 4.4 x 44.5 x 48.8
Weight (with default power supply)
- Pounds : 15.41
- Kilograms : 7.0
Mean Time Between Failures – MTBF (hours) : 380,080
Measured per ISO 7779 and declared per ISO 9296
Bystander positions operating to an ambient temperature of 25°C
With AC power supply (with 24 PoE+ ports loaded for C9300 SKUs)
- LpA: 45dB typical, 48 dB max
- LwA: 5.6B typical, 5.9B max
With AC power supply (with half the number of PoE+ ports loaded for C9300L SKUs)
- LpA: 44dB typical, 47 dB max
- LwA: 5.5B typical, 5.8B max
Typical: Noise emission for a typical configuration
Maximum: Statistical maximum to account for variation in production
Cisco enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty
The Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches come with a Cisco Enhanced Limited Lifetime hardware Warranty (E-LLW) that includes Next-Business-Day (NBD) delivery of replacement hardware where available and 90 days of 8x5 Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support.
Your formal warranty statement, including the warranty applicable to Cisco software, appears in the information packet that accompanies your Cisco product. We encourage you to review the warranty statement shipped with your specific product carefully before use.
Cisco reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.