Cisco® Unified Communications Solutions enable collaboration so that organizations can quickly adapt to market changes while increasing productivity; improving competitive advantage through speed and innovation; and delivering a rich-media experience across any workspace, securely and with optimal quality.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 is a single-line endpoint delivering cost-effective access to Cisco Unified Communications. Designed with a trimline-like low profile, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 is an ideal solution for lobbies, hallways, elevators, hotel bathrooms, or other settings that have an occasional need for voice communications services.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 supports two incoming calls with call-waiting service. Fixed feature keys provide one-touch access to Hold, Redial, and Call waiting. Transfer and Conference can be supported by using the hook-switch similar to that of traditional analog phones.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 offers personalization, with the choice of two colors (charcoal and arctic white) and two handset style options (slimline and standard).
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 is an earth-friendly solution. As with the other Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series endpoints, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 takes advantage of reground and recyclable plastics for a more earth-responsible solution.
Features and Benefits of Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901
- Industrial design
- With a trimline, low-profile design, the phone can also be wall-mounted.
- The phone offers easy-to-use and intuitive arrangement of lines, keys, and calls.
- Hold and Redial options on fixed hard keys provide a traditional telephony-like user experience.
- Color options
- Choice of colors: arctic white or charcoal. Handsets are available internationally as slimline or standard. You can mix and match them in the work environment to better meet your employee needs.
- Desk and wall mountable
- A foldable footstand makes viewing of and use of the buttons and keys easy in the desk-mount case.
- The phones can be mounted onto the wall without additional Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 wall-mount kits by working with third-party wallphone wallplates, such as Leviton 4108W-xSP wallplates.
- You can include your logo on the Cisco Unified IP Phones 6900 Series endpoints. Cisco has approved third-party vendors to produce the labels.
- One small paper label is inserted under the plastic cover at the co-branding area and shipped together with the phone from the factory. You could use this small paper label to document any information needed, because the Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901 does not support a display.
- Codec support
- The following audio-compression codecs are supported: encode G.711a, G.711u, G.729a, G.729ab and iLBC, decode G.711a, G.711u, G.729, G.729a, G.729ab and iLBC.
- Voice quality
- Comfort-noise generation and voice-activity-detection (VAD) programming is supported on a system basis.
- Volume control
- A volume-control toggle makes volume adjustments easy for the handset, monitor speaker, and ringer.
- Signaling protocol
- Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Phone firmware requirement
- Supported in Version 9.0(2) and higher
- Call-control compatibility : The phones are supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition Versions 7.1.3 and later, as well as Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 8.0 and later.
- Calling features
- Adjustable ringing and volume levels
- Call waiting
- Message-waiting indicator
- Music on hold
- Shared line
- Security features
- Image authentication
- Device authentication
- File authentication
- Signaling authentication
- Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP)
- Signaling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol
- Encrypted configuration files
- Cryptography is not enabled by default and may only be enabled through a cryptographically enabled CUCM.
- Network features
- Cisco Discovery Protocol and Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED)
- Dynamic network parameters provisioned through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Static network parameters provisioned through Embedded interactive-voice-response (IVR) system
- Embedded web server that provides configuration and statistics
- Quality-of-service (QoS) reporting: Jitter, delay, dropped packets, and latency on a per-call basis
- Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP) support and monitoring
Specifications of Cisco Unified IP Phone 6901
- Physical dimensions (H x W x D) : 8.1 x 3.7 x 1.8 in.(205 x 94 x 46 mm)
- Charcoal: Standard: 23.5 oz (655.2g); slimline: 21.9 oz (621.2g)
- Arctic white: Standard: 24.5 oz (695g); slimline: 23.4 oz (662g)
- Phone-casing composition : Polycarbonate acrylonitrile butadiene styerene (ABS) plastic
- Operating temperature : 23 to 113°F (–5 to 45oC)
- Nonoperating temperature : –13 to 158°F (–25 to 70oC)
- Relative humidity : 95% +/- 5% noncondensing, from 86 to 140°F (30 to 60 oC)
- IEEE Power over Ethernet (PoE) :
- IEEE Power over Ethernet 802.3af supported, Class 1
- Maximum power consumption: 2.77 watts
- Considering Ethernet cable loss and 10% buffer, Cisco Discovery Protocol value setting: 3.11 watts
- Local power : 48 VDC required; it can be supplied locally at the desktop using an optional AC-to-DC power supply (part number CP-PWR-CUBE-3=) or power injector (CP-PWR-INJ=); local power options require a corresponding AC country cord (refer to Table 6 later in this document).
- Language support
- Only English supported in IVR system
- Support for following languages for documentation: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English—plus localized prompts for the United Kingdom, Estonian, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish (Spain), Slovak, Swedish, Serbian (Republic of Serbia and Republic of Montenegro), Slovenian, Thai, and Turkish
- Connectivity : 10/100 wired Ethernet network port
- Memory : 8-MB flash memory; 32-MB synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM)
- Regulatory Compliance
- CE Marking
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 60950
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) C22.2 No. 60950
- EN 60950
- IEC 60950
- TS 001
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Part 15 (CFR 47) Class B
- ICES-003 Class B
- EN55022 Class B
- CISPR22 Class B
- AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class B
- CISPR 24
- VCCI Class B
- EN 50082-1
- EN 61000-3-2
- EN 61000-3-3
- EN 61000-6-1
- FCC Part 68 (CFR47) HAC
- TIA 810A
- Regulatory compliance
- CE Marking