The Cisco Headset 500 Series is a professional range of wired and wireless headsets optimized for Cisco IP phones and soft clients.
These headsets are designed for workers in open work spaces so they can be more productive. They feature vibrant audio, powerful noise isolation, and exceptional comfort.
The Cisco Headset 500 Series delivers surprisingly vibrant sound for open workspaces. Users can stay focused in noisy environments with rich sound, exceptional comfort, and proven reliability. The 500 Series offers a lightweight form factor that is comfortable to wear, even for an entire workday. It’s designed for workers who spend a lot of time wearing headsets for voice communications and listening to music.
The Headset 500 Series offers:
- Lightweight comfort that is ideal for extended wear
- Premium sound in a sleek form factor – great for music and voice communications
- Powerful noise isolation with unidirectional microphones that are designed to hone in on the user’s voice and simultaneously minimize background noise
- Easy, intuitive user configuration experience when used with Cisco IP phones*
- Extended Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) range (300+ feet) with wireless models
- Flexible options for connecting to devices: various models support USB, RJ, 3.5 mm, DECT, and Bluetooth connections
- Proven reliability and integrations for Cisco IP phones, Cisco DX Series endpoints, and Cisco soft clients
- Easy device management and automatic firmware upgrades when used with Cisco Unified Communications Manager*
*When using a compatible Cisco IP phone
Use the Cisco Headset 500 Series with the optional USB headset adapter for enhanced experiences, including with automatic software upgrades, in-call presence indicator, and audio customizations, which allow you to adjust how you hear others and how they hear you.
Features and benefits
- Integrated serviceability : Headsets are easier to deploy, manage, and service with Cisco collaboration plus headsets. Centrally manage policy, defaults, and much more when using Cisco headsets with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and devices.
- Premium audio and noise isolation : The microphone is exceptional at capturing wide bandwidth sound, with little signal noise and low distortion. It is composed of a high-quality electret capsule and unique housing design. The capsule’s orientation in the microphone housing creates a short acoustic path, which provides maximum acoustic sensitivity (best voice reception) and balanced noise reduction. The optimized microphone capsule and housing create a clean and natural sound with reduced background noise so the user’s voice can be clearly heard.
- Lightweight and ergonomic design : Built with comfort in mind, these headsets are designed to be delightful to wear for extended periods of time and to reduce head fatigue. They feature quality materials, including multiaxial ear cups.
- Advanced ear cup design : Our design creates a full and rich sound that makes collaboration easier and music more enjoyable. The ear cups feature efficient acoustic transducers and integrations.
- Enhanced capabilities enabled by the USB headset adapter : Use this optional accessory to connect the headset to Cisco IP phones, Cisco DX endpoints, Cisco Jabber , Cisco Webex , and Cisco Webex Teams . It offers a more enhanced experience with:
- In-call indicators: LED(s) on the ear plate
- Simplified call controls
- Customized audio
- Test and adjust microphone (record, playback, gain)** : The microphone test removes the guesswork associated with tuning microphone gain levels by enabling users to record themselves speaking in their work environment and then playing the recordings back.
- Audio shaping** : This feature enables users to get the best phonic experience by shaping the inbound audio.
- Power 3.5-mm connector : Enables flexible headset use with standard 3.5-mm jacks on laptops, tablets, and mobile phones and connects headset LEDs to power when using an in-line USB headset adapter.
- In-line USB adapter : The hand-held controller connects 3.5-mm headset to USB and provides easy access to key call control capabilities, including answer, end call, hold/resume (for multiple calls), mute, volume up, and volume down.
- Quick disconnect cabling options : Easily plug and unplug the headset as needed during shift changes or breaks with high-cycle quick disconnect.
- Desktop USB adapter option : Connects quick disconnect to USB and provides easy access to key call control capabilities, including answer, end call, hold/resume (for multiple calls), mute, volume up, and volume down.
- Quick disconnect RJ9 option : Provides the broadest range of Cisco IP phone connectivity.
- Enhanced mobility wireless : The newest in DECT technology provides freedom to roam up to 300+ feet from the base with crystal clear audio.
- On-ear controls : Enjoy easy access to key call control capabilities, including answer, end call, hold/resume (for multiple calls), mute, volume up, and volume down.
- Full security : AES-128 encryption ensures secured communication. Music mode Full-band audio provides premium, 48-kHz audio experience.
- Multi-mode audio : Automatically provides the best available audio experience in call mode (narrowband or wideband) and (wideband or full band) in music mode.
- Auto-answer : The headset automatically answers calls when undocked. The headset will automatically end calls when docked.
- All cables included : The Standard base comes with a USB-A cable for USB connectivity and an RJ9/11 Y cable for Cisco IP phone connectivity, making it easier and less expensive to order Cisco headsets for use with Cisco devices.
- Standard features : All features listed in the Standard base station
- Multiple sources : Simultaneously connect to multiple physical and Bluetooth sources. Select a connection with the source selector buttons on the base station.
- Auto-source selection : The headset can answer calls from any source with a single press of a button. The Multibase station will automatically select the source with the incoming call.
- Bluetooth connectivity : Pair Bluetooth devices to the base for convenient connectivity to mobile devices and phones. The Multibase station supports one active Bluetooth connection.
- All cables included : The Multibase station comes with two USB-A cables for USB connectivity and an RJ9/11 Y cable for Cisco IP phone connectivity, making it easier and less expensive to order Cisco headsets for use with Cisco devices.
Note: Table 6 lists support for basic headset functionality. Advanced capabilities may be available only in the latest version of software. Legacy Cisco phones, third-party apps, and third-party devices may work with the Cisco 500 Headset 500 Series, but they have not been tested and are not supported.
- Connectivity options : PC, Mac, Cisco IP phone, DX endpoint (see Platform Support above)
- Hearing protection :
- Yes (requires USB headset adapter or wireless base)
- Acoustic spike protection from sounds to over 118 dB
- Microphone type : Electret condenser/ECM
- Microphone directionality : Unidirectional
- Microphone frequency response : 150 to 6800 Hz
- Speaker impedance : ~90 ohms
- Earpiece bandwidth : 50 Hz to 18 kHz
- Maximum sound pressure : 118 db SPL(A) (requires USB adapter or wireless base)
- In-call presence indicator on ear plate : LED on each ear plate (requires USB headset adapter or wireless base)
- Wireless technology : DECT 6.0 (or region-specific)
- Range : 100 meters (333 feet)
- Battery life :
- Storage: 200 days
- Standby: 60 hours
- Active use: 10 hours
- Connectivity :
- 1 simultaneous connection (USB or RJ9/RJ11 Y)
- All cables included
- Audio bandwidth :
- Narrowband (8 kHz)
- Wideband (16 kHz)
- Full band (48 kHz)