CLOUD MANAGED STACKABLE ACCESS SWITCHES
- The Cisco Meraki MS250 series provides 10G SFP+ uplinks for medium-size enterprises and campus networks. The switch includes optional PoE/PoE+ support, Layer 3 routing, and modular power for mission-critical networks.
- Our switches are built from the ground up to be easy to manage without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches.
- All Meraki switches are managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud-based interface, rather than cryptic command line.
- To bring up a Meraki switch, simply plug it in. Meraki switches do not require CLI for switch configuration or port management.
- Meraki’s centralized management gives administrators granular visibility into their network. Our dashboard helps you keep track of every configuration change in your network with our detailed event and change logs.
- Stackable access switches with 10G SFP+ uplinks, designed for the branch and campus
INDUSTRY LEADING CLOUD MANAGEMENT
- Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- Automatic email alerts from power loss, downtime, excessive
- Layer 1 errors, or configuration changes
- Powerful remote diagnostic tools such as packet capture to help isolate and troubleshoot network issues
- Role-based administration
- Firmware upgrades and enhancements from the Meraki cloud
- Virtual Stacking enables switch port configuration changes on the dashboard interface without the need to physically stack switches
- Incredible network transparency with application, operating system, client, and hostname visibility
- Zero-touch provisioning for rapid deployment across sites
Features and Capabilities
Meraki switches include every feature you need to configure your network with the ease of cloud-management, including;
- High-bandwidth physical stacking with support for up to 8 stack members for built-in redundancy and performance
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, with Multichassis (MLAG) support on stacked switches Static and dynamic routing support with DHCP relay and server capabilities
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission critical traffic such as voice and video
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
- CDP, LLDP advertisement and snooping, with detailed neighbor visibility and discovery
- Port Mirroring to monitor network traffic
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance for multicast applications
- IEEE 802.1X, MAB, and Hybrid authentication support for wired access control with RADIUS server monitoring
- ACL support (IPv4 & IPv6) and MAC whitelisting
- Single-Host/Multi-Domain/Multi-Host/Multi Authentication
- Change of Authorization (CoA) and RADIUS accounting support
- DHCP snooping to protect against rogue DHCP servers on the network
- Dynamic ARP Inspection to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks
- Rapid Spanning Tree, BPDU guard, root guard, loop guard, and other safeguards to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
- Per port VLAN configuration
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
Network Troubleshooting & Automation
- Virtual Stacking helps IT admins make configuration changes to hundreds of switch ports in seconds with our intuitive dashboard interface
- Configuration templates for rapid, zero-touch provisioning and auditing of all sites
- Network Topology for automatic and interactive network mapping
- Remote cable testing, packet capture and client discovery
- Automatic and scheduled firmware upgrades for the complete network
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
- The Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Meraki switches support rich qualityof-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switches support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization.
- PoE models provide power to VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. Using CDP and LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported.
Application Layer Visibility
- Meraki switches include integrated Layer 7 fingerprinting without the need to purchase additional modules or services. Identify hundreds of applications from business apps to BitTorrent and YouTube.
- User fingerprinting allows administrators to quickly identify individual users by device and tune network resources for optimum performance.
Unified Software Architecture
- Meraki switches run the same operating system used by all of our products. The use of a common operating system allows us to deliver a consistent experience across all product lines, from our security appliances to cameras.
- When connected, new MS250 switches automatically reach out to the Meraki cloud and download the most current network configuration. Future updates can be user-scheduled. This ensures the network is kept up-to-date with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.
Simplified Management and Operations
- Meraki’s cloud-managed architecture makes it simpler than ever to quickly provision and configure switch ports with security, QoS, and other parameters. The Meraki dashboard provides unified policies, event logs, and monitoring, which make it easy to manage and grow large network deployments.
- By providing a complete, robust set of management functions over the web, Meraki’s cloud-based management eliminates the need for proprietary command line configuration interfaces which require expensive and time-consuming certifications.
- Meraki MS switches can be fully deployed and provisioned in minutes without local configuration or staging. New switches can be sent to remote offices and installed by non-technical staff, saving thousands of dollars in time and travel expenses.
- The Meraki MS family includes several remote diagnostic features; including ping, traceroute, cable test, and latency measurement tools. For in-depth client troubleshooting, administrators can remotely perform port-level packet captures without additional hardware.
Designed for Reliability & Environmental Efficiency
- The Meraki switch family was designed for reliable, long-lived operation in wiring closet environments, which may be prone to high temperatures and limited ventilation.
- Meraki is able to deliver highly reliable products with exceptional mean time between failure (MTBF) ratings by using proven switching silicon and by minimizing total component count.
- Each switch also operates with a split-plane architecture, where silicon-based switching and data forwarding are separated from software-based control and management.
- By decoupling the underlying switching logic from control, each unit is able to deliver wire-speed switching even when advanced software features such as Layer 7 host and OS fingerprinting are enabled.
- The highly integrated designs of Meraki switches result in power and cooling savings in large deployment environments of 30-60% when compared with similar managed switches.
- MS switches are ideal for small and large scale campus deployments, where reliability, scalability, and manageability are top priorities:
- Physical stacking for increased redundancy
- Warm spare failover for all stacking switches
- Get alerts if a switch fails or goes offline, before it impacts users
Dimensions & Interfaces
- Model : MS250-24P-HW
- Physical Dimensions (H x W x D)* : 1.72 x 19.08 x 14.89” (4.38 x 48.46 x 37.8cm)
- Weight : 10.59 lb (4.8 kg)
- Interface :
- 24 x 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet RJ45 with auto negotiation and crossover detection (auto-MDIX crossover)
- 4 x SFP+ 10G uplink
- 2 x stacking ports
- Switching Capacity : 128 Gbps
- Stacking Bandwidth : 80 Gbps
Power Options & Specifications
- Idle / Full Load Power : 15 / 434 W
- Available PoE+ Power : 370 W
- Power Supply Configuration : Hot-swappable
- Supported Power Supply : 2 x 640W PSU*
- MTBF Rating (at 25c) : 403,717
- Managed via the Web with the Meraki cloud management platform
- Integrated with Meraki Wireless and complete portfolio of IT products and solutions
- Zero-touch remote provisioning (no staging needed)
- Detailed historical per-port and per-client usage statistics
- Operating System, device, and hostname fingerprinting
- SNMP and SYSLOG support for integration with other network management solutions
- Automatic firmware upgrades with scheduling control
- Email, SMS and Mobile push notification alerts1
- Ping, traceroute, cable testing, and link failure detection with alerting
- Remote packet capture
- Dynamic and interactive network discovery and topology
- Combined event and configuration change logs with instant search
- Physically stack up to 8 switches with 80 Gbps of stacking bandwidth on all models
- Virtual Stacking supports thousands of switch ports in a single logical stack for unified management, monitoring, and configuration
- 802.1p Quality of Service, 8 queues (w/ 6 configurable for DSCP-to-CoS mapping)
- 802.1Q VLAN and trunking support for up to 4,094 VLANs
- 802.1w, 802.1D Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP, STP)
- STP Enhancements: BPDU guard, Root guard, Loop guard, UDLD
- Broadcast storm control
- 802.1ab Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- 802.3ad Link aggregation with up to 8 ports per aggregate, Multichassis aggregates supported on stacked switches
- Port mirroring
- IGMP snooping for multicast filtering
- MAC forwarding entries: 16K on 24-port models, 32K on 48-port models
- Integrated multi-factor authentication for Dashboard management
- Role-based access control (RBAC) with granular device and configuration control
- Corporate wide password policy enforcement
- IEEE 802.1X RADIUS and MAB, hybrid authentication and RADIUS server testing
- Single-Host/Multi-Domain/Multi-Host/Multi Authentication
- Port security: Sticky MAC, MAC whitelisting
- DHCP snooping, detection and blocking, Dynamic ARP Inspection
- IPv4 and IPv6 ACLs
- Switching capacity: 128Gbps on 24-port models, 176Gbps on 48-port models
- Forwarding rate: 95.24mpps on 24-port models, 127.98mpps on 48-port models
- Jumbo frame support (9578 byte Ethernet frame)
- Flow control support
- Static routing, OSFPv2
- Warm Spare (VRRP)2
- DHCP Relay, DHCP Server
- Power input: 100 - 240 VAC, 47-63 Hz
- Power consumption: 5-1655W
- 1U rack-mountable with included rack mount hardware
- 2-post front mounting options available
- Desktop-mountable with included feet
- Operating temperature: -5°C to 50°C
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Variable speed fans
- CSA-US (US, Canada)
- FCC (USA)
- IC (Canada)
- CE (Europe)
- RCM (Australia/New Zealand)
- For international availability, please contact email@example.com
- Full lifetime hardware warranty with next-day advanced replacement included