Easily connect switches with fiber-optic networking modules
- Adds fiber-optic connectivity to Cisco 100 to 500 Series switches
- High-performance link for connecting networks within a building or small business area
- Easy removal with an integrated spring latch
- Hot swappable to maintain network availability
- Flexibility of media and interface choice on a port-by-port basis, so you can “pay as you populate”
Cisco® MGE Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) or mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) transceivers are easy-to-install modules that provide a simple way to add fiber connectivity or an extra Gigabit Ethernet port to your Cisco 100, 200, 300, and 500 Series switches. The transceivers are available for single-mode or multimode fiber-optic cabling and can support distances from 100 meters up to 40 kilometers.
The Cisco MGE transceivers provide fast, reliable connectivity between switches located on different floors, in separate buildings, or on a small campus network needing connectivity between sites. These transceivers can support Gigabit Ethernet applications. Figures 1 and 2 show the fiber-optic and copper transceivers. Table 1 lists the transceiver modules.
- Built-in spring latch for easy module removal
- Hot swappable
- Low-insertion-loss duplex LC receptacle
- Low electromagnetic interference (FCC Part 15, Class B) for clear communications
- Meets FDA and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) eye safety standards
Cisco limited warranty
The Cisco Small Business transceivers come with a 5-year limited hardware warranty with return-to-factory replacement. In addition, Cisco offers software updates for bug fixes at no charge for the life of the warranty and 1 year of telephone technical assistance from the Small Business Support Center. For more information, visit https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/general/warranty/5year_SmallBusiness.html.
The Cisco MGE SFP transceivers are supported across a variety of Cisco Small Business switches.
- 110 Series Unmanaged Switches
- 220 Series Smart Switches
- 250 Series Smart Switches
- 350 Series Managed Switches
- 350X Series Stackable Managed Switches
- 550X Series Stackable Managed Switches
- Media : Single-mode fiber (SMF)
- Application : 1000BASE-LX
- Connector type : Duplex LC
- Wavelength typical (Tx) : 1310 nm
- Wavelength range (Rx) : 1310 nm
- Maximum distance : Up to 10 km
- Average output power : -9.5 dBm to -3 dBm
- Receiver sensitivity : -20 dBm (typ)
- Receiver overload : -3 dBm
- Dimensions W x H x D : 13.4 x 8.5 x 55.7 mm (0.53 x 0.33 x 2.19 in.)
- Unit weight : 0.018 kg (0.63 oz)
- Power : 1W (max)
- Operating temperature : 32º to 158ºF (0º to 70ºC)
- Storage temperature : -40º to 185ºF (-40º to 85ºC)
- Operating humidity : 10% to 85% noncondensing
- Storage humidity : 5% to 90% noncondensing
- FCC Part 15 Class B
- EN55022 Class B (CISPR 22B)
- VCCI Class B
- FDA 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
- EN60950, EN (IEC) 60825-1, 2
- Cisco SFP transceiver
- Quick start guide
- Switch with SFP port. Consult the module’sQuick Start Guide for interoperability guidelines.
Description : 1000BASE-LX SFP transceiver
Flexible payment solutions to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital makes it easier to get the right technology to achieve your objectives, enable business transformation and help you stay competitive. We can help you reduce the total cost of ownership, conserve capital, and accelerate growth. In more than 100 countries, our flexible payment solutions can help you acquire hardware, software, services and complementary third-party equipment in easy, predictable payments.