Affordable, Easy-to-Use Switches for Small Business Networks, with Zero Configuration Required
- Affordable 10/100/1000-Mbps speeds for even the most bandwidth-hungry applications
- 5- to 24-port models that are desktop or rack mountable
- Integrated support for traffic prioritization, loop detection, cable diagnostics, and more
- Works right out of the box: plug and play and no setup
Give your office network a boost of speed and performance at a low price that takes almost no time to set up. Easily build a highly reliable network to connect your computers, printers, copiers, and other office equipment. If your business is like most small companies, you do not have an IT staff to set up your network for you. Now you can have a high-performance, business-class office network that just works, right out of the box, with the Cisco® 95 Series Unmanaged Switches. Users, workgroups, labs, departments, or growing offices can now deliver large amounts of multimedia, image, and video information across the network in almost no time.
Cisco 95 Series Unmanaged Switches deliver basic network connectivity and reliability for small businesses that is easy on the budget and without all the complexity. These switches provide all of the features, expandability, and investment protection you expect from Cisco, with no installation software and nothing to configure. Just plug it in, connect your computers and other business equipment, and get to work.
Cisco 95 Series Unmanaged Switches (Figure 1), part of the Cisco Small Business networking solutions, are a line of unmanaged switches that provide wire-speed Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to connect your small business office. Available in desktop and rack-mount models, these switches are designed to suit any office space with basic network needs and to optimize power efficiency. They use less power and provide the robust, reliable connectivity your business demands, as well as support for advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), loop detection, and cable diagnostics, all in a switch that you can set up yourself in minutes. A business- class, affordable network solution, Cisco 95 Series switches bring the proven reliability and investment protection of Cisco networking solutions to your small business.
Cisco 95 Series switches provide an easy-to-use solution for your small business network. They offer:
- Ease of use: Cisco 95 Series switches work right out of the box, with no software to install and nothing to configure. Each switch port independently sets itself for the optimal speed and determines whether to run in half- or full-duplex mode automatically. As a standards-based Cisco solution, Cisco 95 Series switches are also designed to immediately accommodate all of the devices in your network, including:
- Support for 10 Megabits per second (Mbps), 100 Mbps, and up to 1 gigabit per second (1000 Mbps) devices in the same network
- Automatic cable detection, so you do not have to worry about using the wrong cable type
- Compatibility with network devices from other vendors
- Simple setup: Designed for small office spaces, Cisco 95 Series switches are available in both compact desktop and rack-mount models. The desktop models offer a wall-mount option for discreet mounting under a desk or on the wall of an office or conference room.
- High performance: Cisco 95 Series switches deliver the performance you need to run your business applications, including bandwidth-intensive video services, and avoid slow and sluggish networks. They support Gigabit Ethernet speeds, unlocking a new level of capacity and performance in your business network and letting you transfer large files in seconds.
- Reduced energy costs: Cisco 95 Series switches are designed to help conserve energy by optimizing power use without compromising performance, which protects our environment and reduces your energy costs. In addition, they support the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods. Most of the switches have no fans, so they run silently and unobtrusively while lowering energy costs.
- Support for advanced technologies: All switches include advanced Cisco traffic-handling features to keep your applications running at peak performance. Integrated QoS intelligence on all models automatically prioritizes delay-sensitive services such as voice or video to improve your network's performance. Loop detection helps discover loops in the network that you might have accidentally created, thus avoiding broadcast storms that will bring your network to a stall. Cable diagnostics help to quickly identify and troubleshoot network cabling faults and issues. Fast store-and-forward switching identifies damaged packets and prevents them from being passed on through the network. All of these features run automatically, with no management or configuration required.
- Peace of mind: Cisco 95 Series switches deliver the rock-solid reliability you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution has been rigorously tested to make sure of optimal uptime and performance. In addition, the limited lifetime hardware warranty provides peace of mind.
- Standards : IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, 802.1p priority, Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Cabling type : Category 5e or better
- LED indicators : System/PWR, link/activity, 100M*, cable diagnostics, loop detection, gigabit,* mini-GBIC* *if present
- Ports : 10/100/1000 Ethernet, power port for AC adapter or power cord
- Power supply : DC 12V, 1.0A
- Lock slot : Slot for Kensington lock
- Physical dimensions (W x D x H) : 160 x 104 x 30 mm
- Weight : 0.19 kg
- Ports : 8 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports
- All units: automatic Medium Dependent Interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X); auto-negotiated port for connecting 10-, 100-, 1000-Mbps devices
- Fan/fanless models : All models have no fans and are fanless
- Switching capacity : 16 Gbps
- Forwarding capacity : Forwarding rate in million packets per second (mpps) (based on 64-byte packets) : 11.9 mpps
- Head-Of-Line (HOL) blocking : HOL blocking prevention
- Jumbo frame : 9216 bytes
- Quality of Service (QoS) : 802.1p priority based, hardware queues, priority queuing and Weighted Round-Robin (WRR)
- Loop detection : Helps discover loops in the network to avoid broadcast storms
- Cable diagnostics : Quickly identify and troubleshoot network cable faults and/or shorts
Mounting and Physical Security
- Mounting options : Desktop or rack mount
- Physical security lock : Kensington lock slot
- Compliance/certifications : UL (UL 60950), CSA (CSA 22.2), FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A, FCC Class B* *select models
- 95 series switches are only available in Asia region excluding Japan.
- 110 series switches are available in other regions.
- Operating temperature : 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage temperature : -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
- Operating humidity : 10% to 90%, relative, noncondensing
- Storage humidity : 5% to 90%, relative, noncondensing
- Cisco 95 Series switch
- Power cord/power adapter
- Mounting hardware
- Devices supporting 802.3 Ethernet, 802.u Faster Ethernet, or 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet
- Cat5 or better Ethernet cable
- Network interface card for each computer
- Cisco 95 Series switch : Limited lifetime