Consolidated Security for Virtualized Environments Complete end-to-end security ecosystem for the Software Defined Data Center. Fortinet enables and facilitates the enterprise’s journey through the Data Center consolidation process. Fortinet delivers both physical and virtualized security appliances to secure unique data planes. It offers on one side, unmatched performance and security capabilities while allowing for the growth and evolution of the consolidating Data Center with no service degradation or bottlenecks, no compromise on security, and with an unmatched ROI — fulfilling the outcomes of a robust software defined security framework.
FortiGate Virtual Appliances allow you to mitigate blind spots by implementing critical security controls within your virtual infrastructure. They also allow you to rapidly provision security infrastructure whenever and wherever it is needed. FortiGate virtual appliances feature all of the security and networking services common to traditional hardware-based FortiGate appliances. With the addition of virtual appliances from Fortinet, you can deploy a mix of hardware and virtual appliances, operating together and managed from a common centralized management platform.
FortiGate Virtual Appliance Benefits
- FortiGate virtual appliances offer protection from a broad array of threats, with support for all of the security and networking services offered by the FortiOS operating system. In addition, the appliances offer:
- Increased visibility within virtualized infrastructure
- Rapid deployment capability
- Ability to manage virtual appliances and physical appliances from a single pane of glass management platform
- Simple licensing with no per-user fees
- Support for multiple virtualization and Cloud platforms
- Full support for Forti Hypervisor deployments enabling line-speed security in vCPE requirement
- Wide array of licensing choices to fit any infrastructure requirement
- VDOM-enabled models for multi-tenant environments
Choice of Form Factor
Few organizations use 100% hardware or 100% virtual IT infrastructure today, creating a need for both hardware appliances and virtual appliances in your security strategy. Fortinet allows you to build the security solution that’s right for your environment with hardware and virtual appliances to secure the core, the edge and increase visibility and control over communications within the virtualized infrastructure. FortiManager virtual or physical appliances allow you to easily manage and update your Fortinet security assets — hardware, virtual or both — from a single pane of glass.
Using the advanced FortiOS™ operating system, FortiGate appliances effectively neutralize a wide range of security threats facing your virtualized environment. Whether deployed at the edge as a front-line defense, or deep within the virtual infrastructure for inter-zone security, FortiGate appliances protect your infrastructure with some of the most effective security available today by enabling security features you need.
Security Fabric The Security Fabric allows security to dynamically expand and adapt as more and more workloads and data are added. Security seamlessly follows and protects data, users, and applications as they move between IoT, devices, and cloud environments throughout the network.
FortiGates are the foundation of Security Fabric, expanding security via visibility and control by tightly integrating with other Fortinet security products and Fabric-Ready Partner solutions.
Control all the security and networking capabilities across the entire FortiGate platform with one intuitive operating system. Reduce operating expenses and save time with a truly consolidated nextgeneration security platform.
- A truly consolidated platform with one OS for all security and networking services for all FortiGate platforms.
- Industry-leading protection: NSS Labs Recommended, VB100, AV Comparatives, and ICSA validated security and performance.
- Control thousands of applications, block the latest exploits, and filter web traffic based on millions of real-time URL ratings.
- Prevent, detect, and mitigate advanced attacks automatically in minutes with integrated advanced threat protection.
- Fulfill your networking needs with extensive routing, switching, and SD-WAN capabilities.
- Utilize SPU hardware acceleration to boost security capability performance.
FortiGuard™ Security Services
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet’s solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world’s leading threat monitoring organizations and other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies.
FortiCare™ Support Services
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes.
Technical Specifications :
- vCPU Support (Minimum / Maximum) : 1 / 8
- Network Interface Support (Minimum / Maximum) : 1 / 10
- Memory Support (Minimum / Maximum) : 1 GB / 12 GB
- Storage Support (Minimum / Maximum) : 32 GB / 2 TB
- Wireless Access Points Controlled (Tunnel / Global) : 1,024 / 4,096
- Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum) ** : ** 10 / 500
- Firewall Policies (VDOM / System) 5,000 : 50,000 / 100,000
- Maximum Number of FortiTokens : 5,000
- Maximum Number of Registered Endpoints : 20,000
- Unlimited User License : Yes
System Performance :
- Firewall Throughput (UDP Packets) : 33 Gbps
- Concurrent Sessions (TCP) : 8.5 Million
- New Sessions / Second (TCP) : 150,000
- IPsec VPN Throughput (AES256+SHA1, 512 Byte) : 5.5 Gbps
- Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels : 40,000
- Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels : 40,000
- SSL-VPN Throughput : 4.5 Gbps
- Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum) : 10,000
- IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix) : 1 15.5 Gbps / 6 Gbps
- Application Control Throughput : 2 9 Gbps
- NGFW Throughput : 3 4.5 Gbps
- Threat Protection Throughput : 4 3.5 Gbps