The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series delivers cost effective gigabit Ethernet (1GbE) connectivity offering small businesses 10 times the performance of Fast Ethernet with unmanaged plug-and-play simplicity. The series includes nine models, all with gigabit performance and a choice of key features including PoE+ for powering IP devices, Fiber and 10G uplinks for connectivity to servers and storage.
All models support silent fanless operation, automated features for hands off operation and low power consumption. They come with limited lifetime warranty and 24X7 phone support for 90 days
- New, cost-effective, unmanaged gigabit switches in 5, 8 and 24 Gb-port configuration with and without PoE+.
- Quality of Service (QoS) and flow control for improved network efficiency
- Energy Efficient Ethernet for low power consumption.
- Plug-and-play with fully automated functions and zero ongoing maintenance.
- Limited Lifetime warranty with 24X7 phone support.
Cost-effective, High-performance GbE Layer 2 Switching
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series features gigabit Ethernet (1GbE) connectivity offering small businesses 10 times the performance of Fast Ethernet with unmanaged plug-and-play simplicity.
Unmanaged switches offer a cost-effective small business solution for locations needing only basic Layer 2 switching in a flat single tier network.
Half-/full-duplex auto-negotiating capability on every port doubles the throughput of every port.
Flexible Choices To Meet Most Basic Layer 2 Networking Design Needs
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series includes nine models, all with gigabit performance and a choice of key features including PoE+, Fiber and 10G uplink options.
The 1420-24G-2SFP model with SFP uplinks is ideal where gigabit fiber is required, while the 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink model with SFP+ uplinks is available where 10GbE is needed.
Power over Ethernet (PoE+) models deliver greater efficiency for powering IP phones, wireless access points, or video surveillance cameras without the cost of additional cabling.
All HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series models are fanless for silent operation in office settings and include internal power supplies.
Units can be deployed for desktop operation or can be rack mounted.
Automated Features for Hands-off Operation
All HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series models are plug-and-play with zero configuration and no required ongoing administration.
This unmanaged PoE+ model delivers fully automated support for powering compatible IP phones, video surveillance cameras or wireless access points.
The HPE 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch requires no configuration beyond installation of optional 10GbE transceivers to achieve 10GbE speeds. Alternatively, use today with gigabit SFP transceivers if higher performance is merely a future requirement.
IEEE 802.1p prioritization and other QoS features automate the preferred handling of high priority traffic, including Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) set priorities.
The OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series supports jumbo packets to improve the performance of large data transfers.
Cost-effective Ownership for Now and into the Future
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series offers a cost-effective upgrade path to next-generation 10GbE networks to reduce performance bottlenecks
The switch series includes PoE+ options to power IP devices without the cost of additional cabling for power.
Green features include energy-efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az, auto-power down mode on idle ports, and power savings on short distance cables for low power consumption.
This series comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty providing next business day advance hardware replacement shipment in most countries, 24x7 phone support available for the first 90 days, and electronic and business hours phone support for the entire warranty period.
- Product Differentiator (long) : Our least expensive small form 5-port Gigabit switch This model has 5x 10/100/1000 rear-facing ports with its LED display on the front, in a desktop small-form configuration.
- Power Consumption Description : 3 W (maximum)
- Input Voltage : 100 - 240 VAC, rated
- External I/O Ports : (5) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
- Latency : 100 Mb Latency: < 3 µs 1000 Mb Latency: < 2.6 µs
- Routing/switching Capacity : 10 Gbps
- Throughput : up to 7.4 Mpps
- Memory and Processor : Packet buffer size: 1 Mb
- Weight (imperial) : 0.66 lb
- Weight (metric) : 0.3 kg
- Product Dimensions (imperial) : 4.52 x 3.18 x 1.06 in
- Product Dimensions (metric) : 11.48 x 8.08 x 2.69 cm