The HPE 1820 Switch Series offers more choice and flexibility for smaller organizations that require ease of use and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), while delivering better network performance. They are smart-managed, fixed configuration, Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switches in an easy-to-administer solution that have the latest energy-saving capabilities. These switches are plug-and-play out of the box, where network operation can be fine-tuned through features available from a simple Web browser-based GUI, when needed.
HPE OfficeConnect 1820 switch with 12 1GbE ports and 12 1GbE, power-over-Ethernet-plus (up to 185W)
- Intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane.
- Non-PoE and PoE+ models for deployment flexibility.
- Fanless design available on four models for quiet operation.
- Customizable features for enhanced network performance.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage
The HPE 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by non-technical users. The HPE 1820 Switch Series is ideal for organizations that require simplicity.
The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. You get six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking, and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
These switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desk tops.
Some models are of a fan-less design, making them quiet for office deployments.
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO
The HPE 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-savings capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream PoE switch for environments where no line power is available.
All switches are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Quality of Service (QoS)
The HPE 1820 Switch Series traffic prioritization provides time sensitive packets (like VoIP and video) with priority over other traffic based on DSCP or IEEE 802.1p classification. Packets are mapped to eight hardware queues for more effective throughput.
Broadcast control allows limiting of broadcast traffic rate, to reduce unwanted network broadcast traffic.
IEEE 802.11p/Q delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
- Product Differentiator (long) : Basic smart managed 26-port Gigabit PoE+ switch, with 24 GE and 2 SFP ports. This model has 24x 10/100/1000 ports and 2x non-combo 1000/100 SFP ports for fiber connectivity. Of its ports, 12 ports support Power over Ethernet PoE/PoE+ with a power budget of 185W.
- Power Consumption Description : 240 W (maximum)
- Input Voltage : 100 - 127 / 200 - 240 VAC, rated (depending on power supply chosen)
- External I/O Ports : (12) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports (12) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (2) SFP 100/1000 Mbps ports
- Latency : 100 Mb Latency: < 7 µs 1000 Mb Latency: < 2 µs
- Routing/switching Capacity : 104 Gbps maximum, depending on configuration
- Switching Capacity : 52 Gbps
- Throughput : up to 38.6 Mpps
- Memory and Processor : ARM Cortex-A9 @ 400 MHz 128 MB SDRAM Packet buffer size: 1.5 MB 16 MB flash
- PoE Capability : 185 W PoE+
- Management Features : Web browser
- Warranty Features : 1 year, advance replacement, next business day, phone support
- Detailed Product Description : HPE OfficeConnect 1820 switch with 12 1GbE ports and 12 1GbE, power-over-Ethernet-plus (up to 185W)
- Weight (imperial) : 7.3 lb
- Weight (metric) : 3.31 kg
- Product Dimensions (imperial) : 17.42 x 9.69 x 1.73 in
- Product Dimensions (metric) : 44.25 x 24.61 x 4.39 cm