The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches, for small business and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10-Gigabit uplink models.
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged business-class Gigabit Ethernet switches for small business and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network. The 1420 Switch Series includes nine Gigabit switches: 16-port 10/100/1000, 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports, 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are Power over Ethernet (PoE+) enabled with a total PoE power budget of 124W, and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10GbE ports. The 1420 Switch Series also includes a 5-port 10/100/1000, 5-port 10/100/1000 with 4 out of 5 ports as PoE+ ports, an 8-port 10/100/1000, 8-port 10/100/1000 with 8 out of 8 ports as PoE+ ports and a simple 24 port 10/100/1000 switch. They are fanless for silent operation. They come with a limited lifetime Warranty.
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches have quality of service (QoS) support and IEEE 802.3x flow control features that improve network efficiency. Simplified plug-and-play convenience is supported by features such as auto-MDIX and auto-speed negotiation. Hewlett Packard Enterprise has innovated and combined the latest advances in silicon technology to bring you some of the most power- efficient switches. All models support the Energy Efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az standard, as well as auto power-down mode on idle ports and power saving on short-distance cables. With their fanless silent operation, these switches are ideal for office deployment. HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Unmanaged plug-and-play Gigabit Ethernet switching
- Green features for low power consumption
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Quality of Service capabilities for improved network efficiency
- Limited lifetime warranty
Ease of use
- Unmanaged : provides plug-and-play simplicity
- Auto-speed negotiation : selects individual port speed automatically, depending on client capabilities; removing the need for manual intervention enables simple plug-and-play operation
- Comprehensive LED display with per-port indicators : provides an at-a-glance view of the status, activity, speed, and full-duplex operation of the switches
- Flow control : helps ensure reliable communications during full-duplex operation
- HPE/IEEE Auto-MDIX : automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all RJ-45 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Connectivity : supports high-speed Ethernet connections over highly affordable copper Category 5 cabling.
- 10-Gigabit fiber connectivity : Future-proof 10-Gigabit technology allows high-speed fiber connection to servers or other switches, with connection flexibility using optional SFP+ or SFP transceivers.
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) : provides up to 30 W per port, which allows support of the latest PoE+-capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af compliant end device; reduces the cost of additional electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments (for PoE model)
- Energy-efficient Ethernet support : supports new IEEE 802.3az standard; and allows lower power consumption, when operated with IEEE-compliant client devices in 100 Mb/s mode only
- Half-/full-duplex auto-negotiating capability on every port : doubles the throughput of every port.
- Jumbo frame support : allows frames up to 9,216 bytes to be switched through the network
- Fanless design : enables quiet operation for deployment in open spaces
- Internal power supply : delivers operational convenience and an environment suitable for business operations
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization : delivers data to devices, based on the priority and type of traffic
- DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support : allows real-time traffic prioritization, based on L3 TOS/DSCP parameters
Warranty and support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty : See http://www.hpe.com/officeconnect/support for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
- 24 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE- TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T); Media Type: Auto-MDIX; Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full; 1000BASE-T: full only
- 2 SFP 100/1000 Mbps ports
- Supports a maximum of 24 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports plus 2 SFP ports
- Dimensions : 17.32(w) x 6.81(d) x 1.73(h) in (44 x 17.3 x 4.4 cm) (1U height)
- Weight : 4.85 lb (2.2 kg)
- 1 MB flash; Packet buffer size: 512 KB
- Mounts in an EIA standard 19-inch telco rack (hardware included); Desktop mounting
- 100 Mb Latency : < 8 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- 1000 Mb Latency : < 16 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- Throughput : up to 38.7 Mpps (64-byte packets)
- Switching capacity : 52 Gbps
- MAC address table size : 8192 entries
- MTBF (years) : 126.1
- Operating temperature : 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating relative humidity : 5% to 95%, noncondensing
- Non-operating/Storage temperature : -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
- Non-operating/Storage relative humidity : 5% to 95%, noncondensing
- Altitude : up to 16,404 ft (5 km)
- Acoustic : Power: 0 dB No fan
- Frequency : 50/60 Hz
- Voltage : 100 - 240 VAC, rated
- Current : 0.3 A
- Maximum power rating : 18 W
- Notes :
- Maximum power rating and maximum heat dissipation are the worst-case theoretical maximum numbers provided for planning the infrastructure with fully loaded PoE (if equipped), 100% traffic, all ports plugged in, and all modules populated.
- This model provides internal power supply. Please select the correct power cord country option.
- CSA 22.2 No. 60950; UL 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; EN 60950-1
- FCC Rules Part 15, Subpart B Class A
- Generic : EN 55022 CISPR 22
- EN : EN 55024, CISPR 24
- ESD : IEC 61000-4-2
- Radiated : IEC 61000-4-3
- EFT/Burst : IEC 61000-4-4
- Surge : IEC 61000-4-5
- Conducted : IEC 61000-4-6
- Power frequency magnetic field : IEC 61000-4-8
- Voltage dips and interruptions : IEC 61000-4-11
- Harmonics : IEC 61000-3-2
- Flicker : IEC 61000-3-3
- Notes : Use only supported genuine HPE transceivers with your switch.