The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches, for small business and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10-Gigabit uplink models.
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged business-class Gigabit Ethernet switches for small business and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network. The 1420 Switch Series includes nine Gigabit switches: 16-port 10/100/1000, 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports, 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are Power over Ethernet (PoE+) enabled with a total PoE power budget of 124W, and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10GbE ports. The 1420 Switch Series also includes a 5-port 10/100/1000, 5-port 10/100/1000 with 4 out of 5 ports as PoE+ ports, an 8-port 10/100/1000, 8-port 10/100/1000 with 8 out of 8 ports as PoE+ ports and a simple 24 port 10/100/1000 switch. They are fanless for silent operation. They come with a limited lifetime Warranty.
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches have quality of service (QoS) support and IEEE 802.3x flow control features that improve network efficiency. Simplified plug-and-play convenience is supported by features such as auto-MDIX and auto-speed negotiation. Hewlett Packard Enterprise has innovated and combined the latest advances in silicon technology to bring you some of the most power- efficient switches. All models support the Energy Efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az standard, as well as auto power-down mode on idle ports and power saving on short-distance cables. With their fanless silent operation, these switches are ideal for office deployment. HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Unmanaged plug-and-play Gigabit Ethernet switching
- Green features for low power consumption
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Quality of Service capabilities for improved network efficiency
- Limited lifetime warranty
Ease of use
- Unmanaged : provides plug-and-play simplicity
- Auto-speed negotiation : selects individual port speed automatically, depending on client capabilities; removing the need for manual intervention enables simple plug-and-play operation
- Comprehensive LED display with per-port indicators : provides an at-a-glance view of the status, activity, speed, and full-duplex operation of the switches
- Flow control : helps ensure reliable communications during full-duplex operation
- HPE/IEEE Auto-MDIX : automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all RJ-45 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Connectivity : supports high-speed Ethernet connections over highly affordable copper Category 5 cabling.
- 10-Gigabit fiber connectivity : Future-proof 10-Gigabit technology allows high-speed fiber connection to servers or other switches, with connection flexibility using optional SFP+ or SFP transceivers.
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) : provides up to 30 W per port, which allows support of the latest PoE+-capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af compliant end device; reduces the cost of additional electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments (for PoE model)
- Energy-efficient Ethernet support : supports new IEEE 802.3az standard; and allows lower power consumption, when operated with IEEE-compliant client devices in 100 Mb/s mode only
- Half-/full-duplex auto-negotiating capability on every port : doubles the throughput of every port.
- Jumbo frame support : allows frames up to 9,216 bytes to be switched through the network
- Fanless design : enables quiet operation for deployment in open spaces
- Internal power supply : delivers operational convenience and an environment suitable for business operations
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization : delivers data to devices, based on the priority and type of traffic
- DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support : allows real-time traffic prioritization, based on L3 TOS/DSCP parameters
Warranty and support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty : See http://www.hpe.com/officeconnect/support for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
I/O ports and slots
- 24 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE- TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T); Media Type: Auto-MDIX; Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full; 1000BASE-T: full only
- Supports a maximum of 24 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
- Dimensions : 17.32(w) x 9.37(d) x 1.73(h) in (44 x 23.8 x 4.4 cm) (1U height)
- Weight : 7.28 lb (3.3 kg)
Memory and processor
- 1 MB flash; Packet buffer size: 512 KB
Mounting and enclosure
- Mounts in an EIA standard 19-inch telco rack (hardware included); Desktop mounting
- 100 Mb Latency : < 8 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- 1000 Mb Latency : < 16 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
- Throughput : up to 35.7 Mpps (64-byte packets)
- Switching capacity : 48 Gbps
- MAC address table size : 8192 entries
- Reliability : MTBF (years) : 69.9
- Operating temperature : 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating relative humidity : 5% to 95%, noncondensing
- Non-operating/Storage temperature : -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
- Non-operating/Storage relative humidity : 5% to 95%, noncondensing
- Altitude : up to 16,404 ft (5 km)
- Acoustic : Power: 0 dB No fan
- Frequency : 50/60 Hz
- Voltage : 100 - 240 VAC, rated
- Current : 0.3/1.8 A
- Maximum power rating : 160 W
- PoE power : 124 W PoE+
- Notes :
- Maximum power rating and maximum heat dissipation are the worst-case theoretical maximum numbers provided for planning the infrastructure with fully loaded PoE (if equipped), 100% traffic, all ports plugged in, and all modules populated.
- PoE Power is the power supplied by the internal power supply, it is dependent on the type and quantity of power supplies and may be supplemented with the use of an External Power Supply (EPS). This product provides PoE or PoE+ power across 12 of 24 ports, with a total power budget of 124W. This model is designed with internal power supply. Please select the correct power cord country option.
Safety Emissions Immunity :
- CSA 22.2 No. 60950; UL 60950-1; IEC 60950-1; EN 60950-1
- FCC Rules Part 15, Subpart B Class A
- Generic : EN 55022 CISPR 22
- EN : EN 55024, CISPR 24
- ESD : IEC 61000-4-2
- Radiated : IEC 61000-4-3
- EFT/Burst : IEC 61000-4-4
- Surge : IEC 61000-4-5
- Conducted : IEC 61000-4-6
- Power frequency magnetic field : IEC 61000-4-8
- Voltage dips and interruptions : IEC 61000-4-11
- Harmonics : IEC 61000-3-2
- Flicker : IEC 61000-3-3
Services : Refer to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise website at http://www.hpe.com/networking/services for details on the service-level descriptions and product numbers. For details about services and response times in your area, please contact your local Hewlett Packard Enterprise sales office.