The Lenovo B300 leverages storage connectivity technologies from Brocade, the market share leader in Fibre Channel networking that is deployed in 90% of the Fortune 1000 data centers.
The Lenovo B300 offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled Access Gateway that simplifies server connectivity in heterogeneous enterprise fabrics.
With flexible feature expansion capabilities — such as Ports-on-Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports (in 8-port increments) — the Lenovo B300 enables organizations to start small and grow their storage networks in a non-disruptive manner.
With Lenovo FC SAN Switch offerings, Lenovo can be your trusted partner that offers "one stop shop" and single point of contact for delivery of leading edge technologies and innovations from Lenovo and other leading IT vendors. These offerings can satisfy the wide range of your end-to-end IT infrastructure needs, including handheld devices, notebooks, personal computers, servers, storage, networking, services, management software, and financing.
The Lenovo B300 FC SAN switch offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides an affordable, flexible foundation for entry-level SANs, and an edge switch for core-to-edge SAN environments.
- Delivers up to 24 ports of 8 Gbit/sec performance in an energy-efficient, optimized 1U form factor to support the most demanding server and virtual server deployments.
- Consumes less than 2.5 watts of power per port for exceptional power and cooling efficiency.
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use EZSwitch Setup.
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports in 8-port increments.
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensures sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway (requires 24 ports be licensed) that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management.
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade and Brocade M-Series fabrics.
- Runs Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features.
- Supplies a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, single-switch fabric, access gateway operations, and diagnostic tools.
- Expands fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including multi-switch full fabric, trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, and long-distance fabrics.
- Helps achieve higher availability with redundant cooling and non-disruptive firmware upgrades.
- Accelerates troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools.