The DB620S FC SAN Switch leverages storage connectivity technologies from Brocade, a leader in Fibre Channel networking.
The DB620S FC SAN Switch offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled Access Gateway that simplifies server connectivity.
Fabric Vision technology, an extension of Gen 6 Fibre Channel, provides unprecedented insight and visibility across the SAN with powerful built-in monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools.
With Lenovo FC SAN Switch offerings, Lenovo can be your trusted partner that offers "one stop shop" and single point of contact for delivery of leading edge technologies and innovations from Lenovo and other leading IT vendors. These offerings can satisfy the wide range of your end-to-end IT infrastructure needs, including end-user devices, servers, storage, networking, services, management software, and financing.
The ThinkSystem DB620S FC SAN Switch offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides high scalability in an ultra-dense, 1U switch with 48 SFP+ ports and 4 QSFP+ ports (each QSFP+ port has 4x 32 Gb FC links for 128 Gb FC connectivity between the DB620S FC SAN switches, or it can be broken out to four links to 4/8/16/32 Gbps SWL optics in a server HBA, storage device, or another FC switch, for a total of up to 64 connections) to support high-density server virtualization, cloud architectures, and flash-based storage environments.
- Increases performance for demanding workloads with support for 128 Gbps (4x 32 Gbps) and 32 Gbps FC links.
- Simplifies end-to-end management by automating repetitive daily management tasks.
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability.
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Provides proactive, non-intrusive, real-time monitoring and alerting of VM and storage I/O health and performance with VM Insight and IO Insight through integrated network sensors.
- Leverages predefined MAPS policies to automatically identify and isolate devices that cause network performance issues.
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway (requires 48 SFP+ ports be licensed) that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management.
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 4, 8, 16, and 32 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade fabrics.
- Runs Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features.
- Leverages Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs.
- Supplies a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, full fabric and access gateway operations, integrated 10 Gb FC, and diagnostic tools.
- Expands fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, long-distance fabrics, and FC-FC routing.
- Compresses in-flight data on up to four ports for more efficient link utilization.
- Virtualizes physical FC SAN switches and fabrics into logical entities for better flexibility, utilization, management, and efficiency.
- Allows organizations to seamlessly integrate Gen 6 Fibre Channel networks with the next generation of flash storage – NVMe over Fibre Channel – by being NVMe-ready, without a disruptive rip and replace, to achieve faster application response times and harness the performance of solid state drives for better scalability across virtual data centers with flash storage.
- Maximizes resiliency with redundant hot-swap power supplies.
- Accelerates troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools featuring ClearLink Diagnostics with D_Ports and select adapters from QLogic and Emulex, which helps ensure optical and signal integrity for 16 Gb and 32 Gb Fibre Channel optics and cables.