- Powerful and compact 12-bay, All-SSD desktop NAS with Intel Pentium D1508 dual-core CPU and 8GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM, expandable up to 32GB
- 40K 4K Random Write IOPS, high performance and low latency; Plug-and-use up to two Synology DX1215 Expansion Units for high capacity storage
- Quad 1GbE LAN ports, capable of installing optional 10GbE NICs
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Complete virtualization solution for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Citrix, OpenStack, and Synology Virtual Machine Manager.Noise level: 28.1 dB(A)
Big, Scalable Storage For All Your Files
Synology FS1018 delivers massive storage capacity for all your files and important business data. As your storage needs grow, you can easily scale up capacity by adding an additional storage expansion unit, or two.
Powerful performance for business needs
Featuring a dual-core CPU, hardware encryption engine, and flawless software integration, DiskStation boasts outstanding processing and file transfer speeds. The PCIe slot supports installing a 10GbE network card for blazing data transmission or an M.2 SSD adapter card for high IOPS caching. Also, rest easy knowing you can upgrade from 8GB DDR4 RAM to 32GB as your business grows.
Protect your data and accomplish more
The intuitive interface allows you to seamlessly share, collaborate and synchronize files while keeping complete control of your data in a secure, protected environment.
File Sharing And Syncing
With comprehensive support for network file sharing protocols — like CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP and more — DiskStation allows the entire office to centralize files and collaborate on projects. Or synchronize files across multiple devices or even across several locations so remote teams can work together.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage
When dealing with large-scale data storage, businesses require a solution that prevents data corruption, while providing flexible backup tools. The next-generation Btrfs file system brings these tools to Synology NAS servers, allowing businesses and organizations to reduce maintenance overhead and efficiently store their data.
With support for VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V, DiskStation serves as a seamless storage solution for virtualization environments. Consolidate storage in one place and enjoy optimized performance with support for iSCSI & NFS, SSD caching, VMware vSphere 6 & VAAI integration Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager also allows you to set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM.
High Availability For Business Continuity
By combining two DiskStation servers into a single high-availability cluster, you can maximize uptime and ensure data and services remain available for your employees or users — even when one of the servers goes offline unexpectedly.
- Dual-core 2.2GHz CPU
- Backed by SRS, Synology's next business-day replacement service
- Scalable up to 36 drives with two DX1215 expansion units
- Four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports w/ failover and Link Aggregation
- 40K 4K Random Write IOPS, high performance and low latency
- 8GB DDR4 memory (expandable up to 32 GB)
- Drive Bays : 12
- Compatible Drive Type : 2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity : 48TB (4 TB drive x 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units : 336 TB (48 TB + 12 TB drive x 24) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Hot Swappable Drives : Yes
- CPU : Dual-core 2.2 GHz
- Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI) : Yes
- USB 3.0 : 3
- Memory : 8 GB DDR4 (Expandable up to 32 GB)
- 1GbE LAN Ports : 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)