what is data center networking?August 12, 2023
Importance of Smart Cameras For Large Meeting Rooms?September 11, 2023
FortiGate is a brand of firewall and network security appliances developed by Fortinet, a cybersecurity company. These appliances are designed to provide robust network security and firewall capabilities for organizations of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises.
FortiGate firewalls offer a wide range of security features and functionalities, including:
FortiGate 100F Firewall
The FortiGate 100F Firewall Series NGFW combines AI-powered security and machine learning to deliver Threat Protection at any scale. Get deeper visibility into your network and see applications, users, and devices before they become threats.
1.Firewall Protection: FortiGate devices act as traditional firewalls, inspecting network traffic and controlling access based on defined security policies. They can block or allow traffic based on various criteria, such as source and destination IP addresses, ports, and protocols.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS): FortiGate includes intrusion detection and prevention capabilities to identify and block suspicious or malicious network traffic and activities.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) Support: FortiGate appliances support various VPN technologies, allowing remote users and branch offices to securely connect to the corporate network over the internet.
- Application Control: They have the ability to identify and control applications running on the network, enabling organizations to enforce policies on application usage.
- Web Filtering: FortiGate can filter web traffic based on categories, helping organizations block access to inappropriate or malicious websites.
- Antivirus and Antimalware: These appliances incorporate antivirus and antimalware scanning to protect against known threats.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Inspection: FortiGate can inspect SSL-encrypted traffic to detect and block threats hidden within encrypted connections.
- Advanced Threat Protection: FortiGate devices leverage advanced threat detection techniques, such as sandboxing and behavior-based analysis, to detect and prevent new and unknown threats.
- Network Segmentation: They support network segmentation and micro-segmentation, allowing organizations to isolate and secure different parts of their network.
- High Availability: FortiGate offers high-availability options, including clustering, to ensure continuous network security even in the event of hardware or software failures.
- Centralized Management: FortiGate appliances can be managed centrally using the Fortinet Security Fabric, which provides a single pane of glass for configuring, monitoring, and managing security policies across multiple devices.